Author archive for Kscope
- By Kscope on November 5, 2015
- By Kscope on March 18, 2014The Norwegian progressive art rockers describe it as “the most complicated and strange album we’ve ever made” and say it was inspired by the discovery of an old manuscript in the home of keyboardist Thomas Anderson’s father’s friends.
- By Kscope on November 28, 2013Prog Magazine have just published their critics choice polls of the year and Kscope artists once again feature heavily in the lists.
- By Kscope on November 5, 2013The Pineapple Thief frontman, Bruce Soord, and Jonas Renkse, lead vocalist from Katatonia have recently released the album, Wisdom of Crowds, their new project for Kscope. The duo are now following their debut live performance at the Kscope 5th anniversary shows with a full European tour. Dates are listed below.
- By Kscope on November 5, 2013In association with the Kscope 5th anniversary celebrations, this edition of 2008's Tightly Unwound – the first ever album release on Kscope – has been newly re-mastered and remixed by 360 in London. It will also now feature a bonus disc with tracks from the Dawn Raids EPs plus and acoustic version of 'Shoot First'.
- By Kscope on November 4, 2013Nosound recently released Afterthoughts, their fourth studio album. The album was described by Prog magazine as 'in a word, extraordinary' and is proving to be the band's most successful yet.
- By Kscope on October 28, 2013During the last few years North Atlantic Oscillation have been steadily building both their fanbase and their reputation. Well known fans such as Zane Lowe and Guy Garvey have been joined by a growing number of devoted punters drawn to the band’s unique combination of sonic complexity and melodic intrigue. The band’s second album Fog Electric was released in 2012, following 2010′s Grappling Hooks and numerous tours and festival appearances have accompanied both releases.
- By Kscope on September 16, 2013New 2 disc set from Steven Wilson featuring unreleased tracks, videos, live recordings and high-resolution audio – available on Blu-ray & CD and CD & DVD Available from October 21st (22nd in US/CA) In February 2013 Steven Wilson released The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories), his third solo album. The album was a huge critical and commercial success, earning numerous […]
Steven Wilson’s ‘The Raven that Refused to Sing’ named ‘Album of the Year’ at Progressive Music AwardsBy Kscope on September 6, 2013On Tuesday night Steven Wilson was awarded the prestigious album of the year award for his recent masterpiece The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories) at the second annual Progressive Music Awards. The awards, organised by Prog magazine, were presented at a ceremony in London’s Kew Gardens. Other winners on the night included Marillion (much of who’s catalogue is available on Madfish, Kscope’s sister label) who […]
- By Kscope on August 28, 2013IV, the new album from Blackfield is out now. For the album, Aviv Geffen is joined by long-time collaborator Steven Wilson alongside other special guests Brett Anderson (Suede), Jonathan Donahue (Mercury Rev) and Vincent Cavanagh (Anathema). Samples of the tracks featuring Anderson and Cavanagh are streaming on the album mini-site which also features a lyric video for the single ‘Sense Of Insanity’, […]