The Pineapple Thief
- By Kscope on April 24, 2014Dear friends and fans, I’ve been thinking about this for the last couple of months and I’ve come to the sad conclusion that i have to leave the band. It’s got nothing to do with ’difference in views or any other bullshit. I just cannot combine job, family and commit 100% to Katatonia. Times for musicians are rough and I’ve decided to concentrate on my family and get a normal job that gets the bills paid.
- By Kscope on February 21, 2014It has been some time coming but guitarist Per ‘Sodomizer’ Eriksson and Katatonia have now mutually agreed to part ways. Per joined the band in 2010 as a live session player and after some substantial touring quickly became a steady fixture being heavily involved in the recording of Katatonia’s 2012 critically acclaimed studio album Dead End Kings.
- By Kscope on February 12, 2014Ultra-rare tracks featuring Kscope artists' takes on The Pretty Things, Pink Floyd, Nick Drake, The Beatles, Jefferson Airplane, Alanis Morissette, The Cure – and more. Featuring Steven Wilson, Anathema, No-Man, Engineers, Ulver, Blackfield, The Pineapple Thief, new signing Se Delan and North Atlantic Oscillation.
- By Kscope on January 14, 2014Welcome to the newest Kscope podcast and the first of 2014, featuring a few announcements, sneak previews of what’s coming up; new signings, new music, new touring and future news..
- By Kscope on December 5, 2013For the next 12 days (excluding weekends) we'll be offering a special Kscope giveaway each day. These giveaways will vary from day-to-day, it could be free MP3 to download, rare or signed products, album artwork, previously unseen videos or even test pressings of vinyl releases...
- By Kscope on November 5, 2013In association with the Kscope 5th anniversary celebrations, this edition of 2008's Tightly Unwound – the first ever album release on Kscope – has been newly re-mastered and remixed by 360 in London. It will also now feature a bonus disc with tracks from the Dawn Raids EPs plus and acoustic version of 'Shoot First'.
- By Kscope on July 9, 2013The 2013 Progressive Music Awards take place on September 3rd and the nominees have been revealed on TeamRock Radio’s new Prog Magazine Show. At the inaugural awards last year, Kscope artists walked away with two of the ten awards with Steven Wilson being named Guiding Light and Anathema winning the award for Best Live Event. This year six different artists […]
- By Kscope on June 3, 2013EPISODE THIRTY NINE (3rd June 2013) A Wisdom of Crowds special The Pineapple Thief frontman, Bruce Soord, and Jonas Renkse, who’s the lead vocalist from Katatonia – have worked together on an album entitled Wisdom of Crowds out on Kscope now. You’ll hear three tracks from this album right here. Originally written with Jonas Renkse’s voice in mind, this project has been a […]
- By Kscope on May 1, 2013This time, we concentrate on the new album from Nosound: Afterthoughts. Nosound’s creative fulcrum Giancarlo Erra has been not only writing and arranging his best music so far: but has also been busy recruiting. Porcupine Tree fans will be interested to hear Chris Maitland on drums on this new Nosound album. You’ll hear Billy Reeves’s interviews with both: Chris talks […]
Wisdom of Crowds is the new album from Bruce Soord (The Pineapple Thief) with Jonas Renkse (Katatonia)By Kscope on April 12, 2013The Pineapple Thief frontman, Bruce Soord, and Jonas Renkse, lead vocalist from Katatonia have announced a June 3rd, 2013 release date for Wisdom of Crowds, their new project for Kscope. Originally written with Renkse’s voice in mind, Soord sought out the acclaimed Katatonia vocalist to complete the compositions and release the music to the masses. Despite the rigorous schedules of […]