Huge congratulations to Alx Leeks for winning the 'Reworkings' Competition with 'Right Into The Bliss' from Tonights Decisions album.
"Never expected to hear this old tune of ours turn out so beautiful... We just melted the first time we heard it! And who'd figure that it turns out our old live booking agent Alx Leeks had such a lovely voice!? The different take on the song makes it feel very contemporary with what Katatonia represents today hence nothing but admiration and respect from us."
Anders Nyström, KATATONIA
Watch this space for more on a release featuring the new reworking of 'Right Into The Bliss'.
The best of the rest of the entries can be streamed hereSend me your sounds
The deadline for entries is Monday 21st October. Following this date the band shall listen to all entries and pick their favourite.
It's very important that you read the terms and conditions (below) before you record your track and submit it as an entry.
If you need some inspiration here is a cover of 'My Twin' by the talented artist Nikola Cvetković (@dicamillo686). Check out his YouTube channel for more piano covers of tracks by Katatonia and other artists.
Terms and Conditions
Hello, before you submit your reworked version ("the Reworking"), please carefully read these official terms and conditions. By submitting a recording to Kscopemusic.com you agree to be bound by these terms.
This is not a real competition. There are no prizes. The reworking which the band judges to be the best or most interesting will probably appear as a b-side or bonus track on a future Katatonia single, but this is not a certainty. If enough of the submitted recordings are truly outstanding then we might in the future issue a "`fans' versions" album but we probably won't. It is very, very important that you do not use any samples in your remix. That means, even if it's fantastic and wonderful and life enhancing you must not use a sample in your mix! No exceptions. At all. Everything you send us must have been recorded by you and be owned by you alone!
Only songs written by Katatonia can be considered so please don't record a version of 'Oh How I Enjoy The Light' or 'Nightmares By The Sea' as these written by other artists.
You (the Entrant) hereby agree, confirm, represent and warrant that:
1. all rights in and to any versions of the songs written by Katatonia, (or any of its members) (“the Songs” and "the Writers") created by the Entrant shall be owned by the Writers and to the extent necessary the Entrant hereby assigns all rights in the Reworking of the Song to the Writers throughout the World for the full life of copyright and any and all extensions and renewals thereof. The Writers shall be registered and credited as the sole writers of the Song. If requested by the Writers, the Entrant shall complete and sign a formal assignment of copyright to give effect to the foregoing;
2. the Entrant will not acquire a copyright interest in the Song by virtue of creating a Reworking of the Song;
3. all rights in and to the sound recording of the Reworking created by the Entrant (“the Master”) shall be owned by the Entrant who hereby grants to Kscope a royalty-free worldwide non-exclusive licence in perpetuity to issue records (including digital downloads) reproducing the Master and grants Kscope the right to use the Entrant's name and likeness in connection with the advertising, promotion, marketing and packaging of the Master.
4. the Entrant understands that Kscope may commercially exploit the Reworking created by the Entrant without consulting with the Entrant and without any form of remuneration.
5. the Reworking does not incorporate any samples or other materials which are subject to third party proprietary rights or otherwise infringe the rights of any third party;
6. the Reworking is not obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, does not give rise to civil liability or violate any law;
7. by submitting a Reworking to kscopemusic.com, the Entrant agrees to release and hold Kscope harmless from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of such Reworking or Entrant’s participation in the promotion, and the Entrant confirms and warrants that s/he has full power and authority to enter into this agreement and hereby indemnifies Kscope and Katatonia from and against any and all costs and damages incurred as a result of any breach of the representations and warranties made by the Entrant herein.
kscopemusic.com reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to remove any Reworking from the website that it deems offensive or inappropriate and/or Reworking that breaches any of the above terms and conditions.